As bugs could lead to credentials being exposed, would be wise to ensure that all installs stay up to date.
The easiest way to do so is probably to have a routine that checks a pre-defined URL to see if an updated version is available and raise a notification if a newer version is
- Admin should be able to disable the check
- Notification should only appear for Superusers
- Seperate checks should be made for Stable and Dev branches
- A URL to Release Notes (probably on bentasker.co.uk) should be included (including how to apply the update)
- The update should never happen automatically